Locations collecting cases of bottled water to be distributed to the homeless during the summer months
(LAS VEGAS) – The heat is on in Las Vegas, and for local organizations such as the Salvation Army serving Southern Nevada, keeping a full supply of water for the homeless population can be a challenge.
To help meet this need, Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, will hold a bottled water drive for the Salvation Army. From July 6 through July 31, customers who donate a case of bottled water at participating Las Vegas area Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants will receive a free medium hot or iced coffee and a donut of their choice.
“We understand the critical need the Salvation Army has to make sure the populations they serve have free access to water during the hot summer months,” said Charlie Mootz of Dunkin’ Donuts Las Vegas. “As community partners, we want to do our part to help. Anyone who brings in a case of water to a participating Las Vegas area Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant will receive a free coffee and a donut as a thank you for their generosity.”
Participating Las Vegas area Dunkin’ Donuts locations include:
- 10100 S. Eastern Ave., Henderson, NV 89052 (St. Rose and Eastern)
- 171 Gibson Road, Henderson, NV, 89014
- 6795 Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Tropicana and Rainbow)
- 6935 N. Durango Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89149 (Deer Springs and Durango)
- 7250 S Durango Dr #100, Las Vegas, NV (Warm Springs and Durango)
- 5861 W. Craig Road, Las Vegas, NV 89130 (Craig and Jones)
- 6295 S. Rainbow Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Post and Rainbow)
- 5485 Simmons Street, North Las Vegas NV 89031 (Ann and Simmons)
- 409 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89183 (Silverado Ranch and Bermuda)
- 7430 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89123 (standalone in front of Las Vegas Outlet Mall)
- 11710 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89135 (Vista Commons)
- 3481 S. Durango Drive (Durango and Spring Mountain Road)
- 200 E. Fremont St., Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Fremont Hotel & Casino)
- 4125 S. Eastern Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Flamingo & Eastern)
- 3350 E. Tropicana Ave. Las Vegas, NV 89121 (Tropicana & Pecos)
- 5111 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV 89122 (Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino)
- 5959 West Sahara Avenue (on the corner of Sahara and Jones)
For store hours and additional location information, please visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
To learn more about Dunkin’ Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts) and Twitter (our local feed at www.twitter.com/DunkinDonutsLV and our national feed at www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts).
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. 82 cents of every dollar The Salvation Army spends is used to support those services in 5,000 communities nationwide. For more information, go to www.salvationarmyusa.org.
The Salvation Army of Southern Nevada has been serving the Southern Nevada community since 1948. The Salvation Army is one of the largest direct providers of social services in Southern Nevada with a broad spectrum of services. For more information about The Salvation Army of Southern Nevada, go to salvationarmysouthernnevada.org.
About Dunkin’ Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin’ Donuts is America’s favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin’ Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin’ Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for nine years running. The company has more than 11,300 restaurants in 37 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin’ Donuts is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.